So you’ve made the decision to rent out your property, what next?
The basic question that faces all homeowners/investors at this point is: do I use the services of a letting agent/property manager or do I rent it out myself?
If you are looking for great tenants for your property but you don’t have the time, resources or professional experience to advertise and hold all the viewings and then conduct background checks/references required to get the right tenant then talk to us about our letting services. We can find you a great tenant while enabling you to keep a handle on the day to day running of your property. So why not entrust this task to the experts at Porter Property Management? Our proven Casual letting service will save you money, hours of time and a lot of stress.
But don’t just take our word for it, see what our clients have to say.
What we do:
- We will list your property on Trademe as a Feature Listing (appears first in searches and categories, and has a distinctive yellow background, bright yellow border, and bold title). Feature Listings attract 3 times more views than standard listings, essential if you want your listing to be seen by prospective tenants. Your main photo appears 4x larger in the search results.
- Utilise our data-base of existing and prospective tenants searching for rental accommodation. We also have connections within international relocation management companies who are relocating top executives.
- Take quality photographs to support the advertising. How your property looks online will have a major impact on it’s rentability… as we all know a picture speaks a thousand words! We can also use the services of a professional photographer (optional extra at a cost of $150+GST). You would receive up to 20 images, both inside and out which you get to keep for future marketing.
- Signage – install a For Rent sign outside the property (if suitable situation).
- We meet prospective tenants at a time that works for them to ensure the property is viewed by as many interested parties as possible.
- Suitably vetted tenants complete our comprehensive pre-tenancy application form online.
- We contact all prospective tenants referees, previous landlords and employees where relevant. Our background checking is very comprehensive and also includes LinkedIn, Facebook and other social media platforms.
- Credit checking of tenants, utilising seven different databases.
- Complete comprehensive Tenancy Agreements, Pet Agreements and process Bond Lodgement forms with Tenancy Services. Customised clauses can be included in the Tenancy Agreement pertinent to your property ie. polished wooden flooring
- The tenant deposits the move in costs being four weeks rent and two weeks rent in advance into our trust account. We then receipt the first weeks rent in advance and this is paid out to you.
- It’s a no-brainer really! If you want fast results, with no hassles contact Porter Property Management, the property letting specialists now.
- A small advertising contribution of $250 + GST is payable to get the listing live on Trademe. This represents a saving of up to $298 when compared to the cost of advertising privately. When suitable tenants are secured property owners are charged a Tenancy Established Fee equivalent to one weeks rent + GST.